Do you know how to get the most out of your experience with a resume writer?
Over the last 18 years, I’ve worked with countless clients to put together polished resumes that get them noticed. During that time, I’ve learned the best ways how clients can make use of my skills.
Here are a few hints of things you shouldn’t do with your resume writer:
- Don’t engage me as your writer until you are satisfied that I am the best resource for you. I want you to do due diligence before hiring me. All writers have their own style, training, experience, personality and general approach to the writing. Ask all the questions you want to be sure that there will be a good rapport between us.
- Don’t engage me to work on your resume unless you have the time and energy to devote to the process.
- Don’t “ghost” me. I don’t want to chase after you because it is YOUR project. So, if something happens in your life and we need to pause the process, just tell me.
- For my questionnaire, don’t say “see resume.” That is the lazy way out. I can already read what is on your resume! I am trying to find out other content we might be able to include in your new resume.
- Don’t forget to tell me the truth. Seriously, if there is information on your resume that is not true, be candid. We will strategize on how to reframe the truth to increase your chances of landing a job.
- Don’t forget to tell me when you get a new job! I genuinely do care about what happens with your job search and the next steps in your career. That is why I do the work I do!
- Don’t forget to give my name to other people you think can benefit from my writing or coaching. After 18 years, much of my work comes from referrals.
- Don’t forget to come back in the future if you need my help.
One of the things I love about resume writing is that it’s a collaborative process. We need to work together to put together a document that will get businesses and recruiters to notice and hire you! If you’d like to discover if we are a good match, please feel free to schedule a free consultation with me today. I can’t wait to help you find the job of your dreams!