Did you know that you can get help with an “interview coach”? When I last looked for a job, I didn’t know that such a coach existed. Now I have been doing interview coaching for 22 years, first as a recruiter, now as a professional resume writer and coach.
The most important thing is for the coach to have a complete understanding of the hiring process. After some coaching, you should be able to respond to this question:
Why should someone hire you instead of someone else?
When do you know an interview coach can help?
- Has it been years since your last interview?
- Are you nervous before interviews? (Everyone is nervous!)
- Has anyone taught you how to prepare for an interview?
- Do you get interviews but no offers?
- Do you know how to negotiate your salary?
- Do you have any type of sensitive issue? Were you fired from your last job?
What does an interview coach actually do?
- Reviews what has happened with earlier interviews
- Helps you develop an interview strategy
- Teaches you how to prepare for an interview
- Assesses the stumbling blocks for your interviews
- Conducts practice interviews
- Helps you strategize on salary negotiations
And that’s just the shortlist!
There should be one primary takeaway from your coaching: You will have more confidence in yourself!
I do many types of coaching, but interview coaching is my favorite. It never gets old when someone tells me they got the job! Book a free consultation, and we can get started prepping you to land the job of your dreams!