A resume is written to help you find a new job.
A bio is written for other purposes beyond a job search. It is usually one page and includes a headshot.
Who is looking for a bio from you?
- Interested investors
- Possible new clients
- Needed for an RFP (Request for Proposal) for funding of a project, program, or something else
- Introduction for you as a keynote speaker
- Introduction to a company to engage you as a consultant
- Included on a company’s website as a member of the leadership team
How do you write a bio?
- Introduce yourself and explain what you have to offer. What are your services?
- Describe your relevant professional background, including achievements
- Include some personal information such as your family, personal interests, and community leadership.
- Describe what types of training and formal education support what you can do now.
If you think that is something you can use, get in touch with me so that we can discuss the resume that you need, and you can have your professional bio. There is no charge for a consultation. Click this link to my scheduler. I look forward to speaking.