Updated March 5, 2021
- Collection of Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information
- Your Access and Control over Your Information
- Your Data Security
- The Retention of Personal Documents
- The Use of Third-Party Tools
- E-Commerce Orders
- Personal Contact
- Links to Other Websites
- Updates to this Statement
All personal data is protected by a variety of international privacy laws including in the United States, Canada, the European Union, and any other jurisdictions with privacy laws in place. Our services are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), used by the European Union to protect their citizens’ data.
Collection of Personal Information
We only collect personal data that has been voluntarily provided by the users of our site by contacting us or sending your resume. We are the sole owners of the data collected on this site.
Detailed personal information may be collected before and during initial contact, and after the client has engaged our services. That information will be used to verify the identity of the client and to process their order in terms with our merchant bank. This information may also be used to provide other professional services, as contracted by the client.
We do not knowingly collect the personal data of any individuals under the age of 18 years old in any jurisdiction. If such information is collected and discovered, it will be completely deleted from our records and database.
Use of Personal Information
We may use personal data and information to:
- Send future marketing emails, including newsletters, promotions, or notices of new products and services. These services may be opted out at any time by using the unsubscribe button within the email or contacting us directly.
- Directly respond to inquiries through our website, regarding any reasons that we were contacted.
Any personal data or information, including email address, will never be sold, rented, or lent, with the exception of being legally compelled to when required by the law. It will not be given to a third party for any reason without your written consent including introductions to hiring managers, recruiters, or other Tools for Transition clients.
Your resume may be used as a template or writing example. However, all personal information, including any identifying information such as name, address, contact information, location, job history, and experience will be removed to maintain confidentiality.
Your Access and Control Over Your Information
At any time, users may opt out of any future contact with our website. By contacting us, users may also:
- See their personal data that we currently hold
- Correct or change any of their personal data
- Request deletion of their personal data, also known as ‘being forgotten,’ which we will execute immediately
- Ask any questions about how we use their personal data
- Express any concerns they may have about our use of personal data
Your Data Security
Your personal data security is very important to us.
We have built our website using industry-standard security measures and authentication tools to protect the security of all personal data collected. We, and the third parties who provide services for us, also maintain technical and physical safeguards to protect that personal data.
When credit card information is collected through our website, it will be encrypted using industry-standard technology for conducting secure online transactions.
The Retention of Personal Documents
We keep redundant records of all personal documents and data sent to us for the purposes of creating a resume. These documents are attached to your account in our ACT database, included in Carbonite, external hard drive backup files, and in Microsoft Outlook archived records. If you wish for these documents to be deleted after your resume or other deliverables have been completed, please contact us through this website.
Use of Third-Party Tools
We use a variety of third-party online services and tools on our website and to conduct business with clients.
- Acuity by Squarespace is used as our primary scheduling service in conjunction with Google Calendar.
- Microsoft Outlook is used for email services to communicate with clients.
- QuickBooks is used for invoicing.
- Carbonite is used for secure backups of company data.
- ACT is used for customer relationship management.
- OneDrive is used for file storage.
- PayPal is used for receiving payments.
- Yelp is used for contact with local clients.
The use of these third-party tools is covered by the privacy policies of these third parties. Please refer to their privacy policies for any questions regarding the use of these tools.
To provide e-commerce services, we require personal contact information, including full name and billing information, along with financial information, such as credit card numbers and expiration dates. This data will be used for billing purposes only through QuickBooks. The user will use PayPal to send the payment. If there is a problem with the order, this personal information will be used to contact the user.
“Cookies,” small pieces of tracking data used on most websites, are used on our site and may track repeat visitors’ engagement with our site and improve access. These cookies will be stored on the users’ hard drive. Cookie use is not connected to any personally identifiable information collected on our site through other means, such as email signups.
We will not contact you unless you have specifically requested information from us or have hired our services. Contact will be maintained with clients by phone, Zoom, and in-office appointments. We may follow-up with clients after services have been provided.
We dislike spam, junk mail, popup ads and the like just as much as you do. Any future newsletters or marketing emails that are sent by us will include an unsubscribe link. Users can remove themselves at any time by clicking on this link.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites, including client websites and sites related to the services that we offer. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or GDPR compliance of any third-party website.
Updates to this Statement
Contact: Irene Marshall